Diy Nail Art – the Beginners Guide to Nail Stamping
7 months ago michaelkorsoutlets 0
“Some of the designs you can achieve with nail stamping are absolutely amazing, but this technique is actually remarkably simple to do. Anybody can achieve a professional looking finish with just a little bit of know-how and practice.
Stock up your makeup bags with these few staple pieces of nail stamping equipment and off we go.
All you need is:
• Image plate
• Lots of nail polish in a variety of colors
You can find lots of great products for nail art at The Salon Outlet if you’re not sure where to look.
There are endless numbers of image plates you can choose from – in fact whole starter kits can be bought for just a few dollars so it really doesn’t have to cost the earth to have fabulous nails.
Here’s what you do:
• After giving yourself a quick home manicure apply your chosen base color of nail polish and leave it to dry.
• With your chosen pattern color apply a thick layer of nail polish over your chosen pattern.
• Pull your scraper over the polish so that the only polish which remains is the chosen pattern.
• Take your stamper and roll firmly across the image plane so that it picks up the nail polish.
• Line the edge of your nail to the edge of the pattern.
• Press the nail stamper across your nail rolling from left to right.
• Clean up your cuticles with a little nail polish remover on a cotton bud.
• Give your nails plenty of time to dry then apply a clear top coat.
• You’ve done it – fabulous professional looking nails at home for a fraction of the price.
If you want to be really flash and do a little multi-colored nail stamping you can do that too:
• Paint your chosen colors quickly and carefully onto your chosen image plate making sure that they don’t overlap.
• Scrape firmly upwards being careful not to smudge the colors into each other – they must not touch.
• Follow the above nail stamping procedure.
That really is all there is to it. It might take a little bit of practice for you to work quickly and steadily enough to achieve fabulous results but stick at it, it will be worth it in the end. Here are a few more hints and tips to help you along your way.
• Use good quality nail polish which is extremely opaque in just one coat. It makes life so much easier.
• If you can’t find your scrapers don’t panic, all is not lost. You could use something like a gift card instead until you find them again.
• You need to move quickly – the nail polish will start to dry the second it is painted onto the image plate.
• Don’t give up, as I’ve already said practice really does make perfect. If you have trouble lining the stamps along the edge of your nails that’s normal, a little bit of practice will make it much better.
• Don’t keep going over and over with the top coat – load up your brush and go over your nail in one swipe. If you need another coat then wait for the first one to dry before applying the second one.
• It really isn’t necessary to clean the stamper and image plate after every nail – just use a little common sense and clean when necessary.
Beautiful nail art really is possible at home – you can get a beautiful professional finish with just a little practice.”